Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Park

So I have this ex-friend. I say "ex," because essentially we broke up.  So fucking weird.  Maybe that is what people do now, or maybe that is what people do here?  I have no idea, as I have never had a friend as bizarre as this chick was. Maybe I will go into the whole story another day, but suffice to say that I put up with a lot of shit from her, from her underhanded, passive-aggressive comments alluding to my husband's supposed lack of masculinity to the horrible way she spoke to my older child (which I should have made a point of but did not because I was too afraid to cut ties with the only person I knew in the area).  Anyhow, I think it was last week that we officially "broke up."  It mostly ended with her saying I could "feel free to unfriend her" on FB, if I hated her. Of course, I replied that I didn't think that was necessary. Just because you don't get along with someone 100%, doesn't mean you can't still be casual acquaintances.  But like dumping your boyfriend, apparently "just friends" does not exist in the cyber world.  Within an hour, she essentially unfriended me without actually clicking the button. She made it so I could not see anything on her FB page. I found it weird, but responded in kind since apparently that was what she wanted.  Since I was fussing about in the settings, I took the time to remove myself from all the defunct random "groups" I was a part of, including her Scentsy group. I figured, if she was that uptight, I didn't really need to benefit her by ordering through her when there are probably 100 reps within a 5 mile radius of my house who would be happy to order for me without assuming that I would blindly agree with them 100%, 100% of the time and getting a stick up their ass if I did not or asked any questions.  Yes, this friend was like a Nazi... don't you dare ask questions or it's the end of you.
So.... the next day I was unfriended.  I only noticed because I was reading a post by a mutual acquaintance and this chick's post said "Friend of ____" next to it.  Not that I cared so much to be unfriended, since we are essentially not friends.  But I had thought we ended amiably only to find that this person was even more passive-aggressive than I had imagined.  Just irked me a little.

Anyhow, this morning we skipped the gym because my eldest really did not want to go, and I had stayed up too late folding laundry while watching a really stupid, but much loved by me, tweeny movie, so I was ambivalent about it anyhow.  I promised him that if they were good while I had my paint sample adjusted at the paint store (which for some reason they couldn't just add some white and I had to buy a whole 'nother sample!) I would get them a doughnut at the super overpriced, rip off grocery store when we returned the $7 bag of string cheese that I bought two days ago and learned upon arriving home was already 2 weeks out of date, and take them to the playground behind said grocery store.  Bear in mind, this store and park is less than a mile from my home.  In my opinion, completely in "my territory."

We completed my errand at the paint shop, got doughnuts at the store, returned the offending cheese sticks, and drove back to the playground only to find SHE was at the park.  Seriously, what the fuck?  I know that no one owns a park, but come on.  In my bitchy irrational irritation, I feel like she should stick to her own neighborhood.  Yes, it is only a couple miles from her house, but being just a couple BLOCKS from mine, I feel like she should go play in the dumpy hood she moved to because she just had to have a "new" house, because nothing else would be good enough to satisfy her spoiled, republican upbringing.  I mean, you know, when you were raised with daddy giving you everything you want, why would you expect to have to live in a "used" house?  But, being cheap and wanting the nicest house at the cheapest possible price, you make some sacrifices... like you live across the street from a dumpy casino, down the road from a trashy neighborhood, and your kid will have to go to a shithole school unless you fork up the cash for private... but you know, you gotta have that new house.  And besides, you never took any time to teach your kid anything and he was five years old before he knew how to spell his own name, much less write it, so I guess a sub-par school will work out fine.

Back to my major complaint, though.  So, upon seeing the stickered mess of a vehicle the former friend drives parked at the playground, we turned around, much to the confusion of my poor children, and headed to our own little community playground.  Not that there is anything wrong with the playground.  It is just that most of the kids in our neighborhood are at school during the day, so it was empty.  Luckily for me, my kids are easily pleased with being outdoors, running and yelling in the sunshine.

So, to sum it up, I am still sort of pissed off that the bitch ruined my morning plans.  Yeah, it's irrational.  I know this.  But I don't give a flying fuck. This is my bitchpit, the place where I am going to empty my devious thoughts, so if you don't like it, if you disagree, fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment